Monday, March 10, 2008

My favorite split menu dish: Beef Stew

This was one of our favorite and first split meals that my husband and I made. This is one that I can help him chop up the veggies and then sit back and watch while he does the rest. EASY :)
It doesn't warrent an ingredient list or even instructions, but I can provide some tips.
  1. To make life easier for my kitchen novice husband, we use a Club House packet of Beef Stew and basically follow the instructions.
  2. While he is browning his beef in one dutch oven, I'll chop up onions, carrots, celerey and potatoes and split them equally into two bowls (one for me, one for him)
  3. In my dutch oven, he will brown my veggie meatballs (I love the Oh Naturel from Schneiders)
  4. At this point, you just follow the instructions on the package. I really don't know what else goes on since I'm usually in the living room painting my toe nails :)

Anywho, I usually throw in a Bay leaf and some barley while the stew simmers. And like all stews it ALWAYS tastes better on the second day. And no pics because... like I said, it tastes very good ;)

No comments: