Monday, March 3, 2008

Finally!!! An amazing alternative for chicken breasts!

This will be a quick little post. When I saw that President's Choice had launched a meatless Chicken patty I was kinda skeptical. It's made with Gardein which I'm not a huge fan of.

BUT! PC has definitely changed my mind with this new product.
  1. The price is great. 8 patties for 9.99. That's almost the same as buying any of their "real" meat in a box
  2. It holds its shape during cooking. Which means you can BBQ it, slice it and stir fry, pan fry etc.
  3. It actually has a nice texture. Not too soft like Tofu, but not chewy like past "fake meat" products.
  4. AND FINALLY! It cooks like chicken. Which is REALLY IMPORTANT when doing any kind of split meal. Your recipes, methods and cooking times don't have to change or adapt.

Last night I used a patty in my fajitas. They cooked quickly and absorbed all the yummy spices.

Now that I've got a freezer full of these guys, I'm really excited about trying out some chicken recipes I've passed on before. Tune in since I'll be posting lots!!!

Anywho, I suggest you go and buy it and try it for yourself. Available in the freezer section at any Zehrs, Lobalws, Real Canadian Superstore.

No comments: